Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pelotonia 2014, 17 days to go!

Wow, has it really been 6 months since I posted anything? That's just sad. Time to get you updated on my training.

With just 17 days to go until Pelotonia 2014, training is coming along slowly. I trained for a marathon back in April, so I didn't do my first outside bike ride until May. Yikes. Not a lot of time to get ready for a 180 mile weekend in August. But I have been logging miles consistently now and did my big 75 mile hill ride this past Sunday. I felt pretty good on the climbs but the distance started to get to me towards the end. So, still some work to do but I'm confident I'll be ready come August 9.

Two pics to share. The first one I decided to go old school one day and put on my 7-11 kit from the 80's. Still fit! The second one I came across a family of turkeys crossing the road. It's so nice riding out in the country and seeing this kind of wildlife.

If you'd like to donate, click on the link to the right ('My Pelotonia Page') and it will direct you to my donor page.

Thanks for your support and thanks for reading.

Best,
Robby



No comments:

Post a Comment